Everyone knows that hardwood flooring looks impressive when installed properly.
However, it is expensive and prices vary depending on the type of wood you want to use in your project. Hardwood flooring is available in many different colors and you can buy both pre-finished and unfinished hardwood to use. In case of the former, pre-finished hardwood floor jobs are over as soon as they are installed. On the other hand, unfinished hardwood floors still need to be stained after installation. However, the wide variety of stains available in Winnipeg stores allow you to choose a color that fits your needs, matches your furniture or simply achieves a unique final effect.
Of course just like many other products, hardwood flooring has its pros and cons. Let’s think about some disadvantages that hardwood floor brings:
- As already mentioned, it is expensive. Yes, natural wood is pricey and in this specific case an old quote applies: you get what you paid for. The best practice is to contact your contractor in Winnipeg and ask for some advice.
- A hardwood surface is hard, cold and loud when compared to carpets. If you are the type of person who enjoys quiet environments or loves walking barefoot at home, it is a good idea to think about these factors before making the final decision.
- As the name suggests, hardwood floor seems quite indestructible. However, that is not exactly the case. Hardwood floors can be easily damaged. Such surfaces can get easily scratched from everyday use and wear. If you have a dog or a cat, they can easy scratch this surface. When you drop something, the floor can easily dent. These scratches and dents are really visible on dark hardwood floors. Additionally, excessive humidity or water from spills can really damage your floor. In such cases, damaged boards (cracked, scratched or dented) will have to be replaced and refinished again as needed. Please do not try to replace them by yourself as you can damage the surrounding boards and in which case the repairs will be even more expensive. You can always call Creative Design Contractors Ltd. In Winnipeg for advice and help.
- Seasonal hardwood floor movements are also a factor to consider. You can notice that your floor “moves” depending on the humidity and temperature in your house. The boards expand and contract when humidity and temperature changes, and gaps between boards can get temporary bigger and more visible. You can eliminate this factor by maintaining humidity and temperature for the whole year round.
These are all major disadvantages you should consider before you decide to choose a hardwood floor from your home.
Let’s think about the advantages of having a hardwood floor installed:
- I think that the most important is the fact that it increases the value of your house or property. You can easily achieve the ”one million dollar” look with a relatively “small” investment. Everyone loves hardwood flooring and you can’t go wrong with it.
- The unfinished hardwood flooring and staining process will allow you to have any color of the floor that will precisely fit your interior design or furniture. On top of this we can mention that hardwood flooring is timeless and will preserve its value independently of the changing trends.
- Finally we should point out that this is an easy to clean and a very hygienic surface. This is very important to people with allergies. Floors can be easily mopped within few minutes and do not require as much care as carpets. However, you have to remember that any spills should be removed as quick as possible as excess water can permanently damage the floor.
You have to make up your mind and decide which are more important for you: the above advantages or disadvantages of hardwood flooring. If you decide to choose a hardwood floor, it is highly recommended to contact your contractor in Winnipeg and ask for help. Only a properly installed hardwood floor will assure you optimal conditions of usage and enable you to enjoy the look of this beautiful surface for a very long time. Please contact Creative Design Contractors Ltd. in Winnipeg, contractor that will help you realize your project in the most efficient and cost-efficient way.